/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Mirror's Edge - feature film — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Mirror's Edge - feature film

How do you think about a full length movie from universe of the City of Glass, made on animations we have in cut scenes in Catalyst? It's a doubdful idea because ME lacks plot in opposite to warcraft or assasins creed...but hey, we got a nice and real characters already made, whats the problem to invent some action, dialogues, maybe focus on Faith's life's perspective.
Is it even worth considering?

Comments

• I think this is a great idea.
    Looking back at the trailers in the run up to Catalyst's release, fans noticed that some cutscenes didn't appear in the final game, and speculated that it was because the producers' ideas had changed along the way. Some of them involved Birdman and Nomad and looked pretty promising, so it would be great to see these 'deleted scenes'.
    For example in the original ME, they wanted to include a mission that took place in a prison block, but since it was cut, they put in the art concept instead.
    Also (I'm pretty sure others have noticed this) when you go into the sleeping area of the Lair and look at the divider above one of the beds, there are captioned polaroids of the characters in the game that show them in their everyday lives, and it would be great to get some context from that in a movie.
    I would also like to see animated versions of the information we have in documents or recordings e.g Rebecca's backstory, the complete Connors family, when Icarus first joins the cabal, the history of Cascadia etc.
    Also, there are many other characters and places with lots of potential to explore e.g Celeste and Avani in Aurora.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • The concept is very tempting, I always loved runner/parkour stuff and it definitely needs to be included a bit more in cinema with respect rather than the very olé olé stunts done in most blockbuster emphasized with cuts by the incompetence of the actors and director.
    I don't know if it should really move along the line of catalyst and very high sci-fi film.
    But something simpler for a start like the first mirror's edge would be much fun to have.
    They don't even need to have the game's character, since there's almost no story in both game (or very little of any real interest despite the attempt of the second game to give a more narrative approach) starting from scratch and develop the baby well around the runner concept could be really beneficial.
  • The previous Mirror's Edge story is simple, so it gives us a feeling of veracity. Just a matter of sister framed for murder which we all can identify with, nothing unusual and super-futuristic.
    The idea of high sci-fi technology to take control over all citizens is nice and well fit to the game. Imo in the movie I'd rather to see something like to the first part, to focus on things that might be real and touch our reality.
  • Medium wrote: »
    The previous Mirror's Edge story is simple, so it gives us a feeling of veracity. Just a matter of sister framed for murder which we all can identify with, nothing unusual and super-futuristic.
    The idea of high sci-fi technology to take control over all citizens is nice and well fit to the game. Imo in the movie I'd rather to see something like to the first part, to focus on things that might be real and touch our reality.

I agree. It's a common theme for dystopian futuristic storylines to have a young female heroine who foils a conspiracy with her friends. Thus the story of the first ME seemed less generic and more personal to me.
  • testarff
    73 posts
    edited March 11
    Also (I'm pretty sure others have noticed this) when you go into the sleeping area of the Lair and look at the divider above one of the beds, there are captioned polaroids of the characters in the game that show them in their everyday lives, and it would be great to get some context from that in a movie.

The Polaroids are actually part of an easter egg. Pay attention to the checkmark next to the text label.
  • Steveglowplunk
    52 posts
    edited March 11
    testarff wrote: »

The Polaroids are actually part of an easter egg. Pay attention to the checkmark next to the text label.

Yes you can unlock something special in the lair if you get all the checkmarks. I even made a guide here:
  • Oh wow, I never noticed those, thank you for pointing them out! I'll definitely be using the guide as soon as I can.
  • Only two missing yay !
  • testarff wrote: »

Yes you can unlock something special in the lair if you get all the checkmarks. I even made a guide here:

I hate it when I start a new game. This whole thing also disappears... :( Luckily for me, I've seen what happens when I collected all of 'em. Thanks again @Steveglowplunk .
    I am Iman.