/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
◄ THE EASTER EGGS THREAD ► — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

◄ THE EASTER EGGS THREAD ►

zeraoo98
130 posts
edited June 2016
So I figured why not to start THE thread on easter eggs where anybody could upload screenshots/videos of their finds.
f81c33dd99.png

Comments

• zeraoo98
    130 posts
    edited June 2016
    Who is the L.? Any ideas? Fount this around birdmans place I think, in Concord Plaza

ebda0d7176.png

bbf870cd25.png
    f81c33dd99.png
  • ParryDiise wrote: »
    I think I may have found an easter egg in Mirrors Edge Catalyst!! While playing the game on Xbox One, I noticed that if you push forward L1, press LB, and LT all at the same time, Faith will do a different roll. It looks like the exact roll from the E3 2014 video. The problem is, Faith can only do the roll while standing. She can't do the roll while running or jumping from high ledges. Also, the roll completely destroys your momentum. Do you guys think this is an easter egg? --- I have a video link to the secret roll on my YouTube channel --->

f81c33dd99.png
  • Cool!
  • Not an Easter egg, but a really cool glitch to try.

Backflip on Consumer Mayhem Dash.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FTS TEXX/video/18446311
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »
    Who is the L.? Any ideas? Fount this around birdmans place I think, in Concord Plaza

ebda0d7176.png

bbf870cd25.png

This is just a remake of an easter egg from the first ME. In the first chapter there's a room very similar to this one even with this "note" :D I think noone figured out who "L." is til today^^
  • FtsTexx wrote: »
    Not an Easter egg, but a really cool glitch to try.

Haha, how did he do that??
    f81c33dd99.png
  • there were plenty notes in the first game near bag locations
  • Rassatu
    28 posts
    edited June 2016
    I think I found one. It is from Family Matters episode in the MEC.

2016-06-18_21-35-52_zpsfbow2dxf.png

And this is from Pirandello's office in ME or something, I can't remember exactly which episode was , now.

indir_zps4uz6agoh.jpg
    " Once this city used to pulse with energy; dirty and dangerous but alive and wonderful. Now, it is something else. "

• Neat.
  • My favorite Easter egg hands down is all the Omnistat Gold recordings featuring the squad from Battlefield: Bad Company. I didn't notice until the second recording and I was like "HOLY #### IT'S BAD COMPANY!" They have the original voice actors and even use the same names! I don't know if anyone else here played BFBC1 or 2, but since I know the squad, to me those recordings were gold. (pun intended)
    ParryDiise wrote: »
    I think I may have found an easter egg in Mirrors Edge Catalyst!! While playing the game on Xbox One, I noticed that if you push forward L1, press LB, and LT all at the same time, Faith will do a different roll. It looks like the exact roll from the E3 2014 video. The problem is, Faith can only do the roll while standing. She can't do the roll while running or jumping from high ledges. Also, the roll completely destroys your momentum. Do you guys think this is an easter egg? --- I have a video link to the secret roll on my YouTube channel --->

That roll is easy to do. Just crouch, 'crawl' forward and press jump. It doesn't make you any faster though, because you stand still at the end of the roll.
  • Not really an easter egg but still.. Some serious cooling rite there

da009d32a3.png
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Ok, here is the Portal audio reference:
    FtsTexx wrote: »
    Not an Easter egg, but a really cool glitch to try.

Haha, how did he do that??

The character model grabs the pipe below as you jump. Resulting in a weird animation glitch lol
  • LukeCypert wrote: »
    Ok, here is the Portal audio reference:

Hahaha I noticed that when I played the mission as well.
  • According to TVTropes, the achievement 'A Frenzied Rumble' is a bit of an Easter Egg because it's a reference to the Transformers movie.
  • Wistro
    1 posts
    edited July 2016
    *EDIT* Didn't see previous Portal reference post
  • Giant Rat returns in Mirror's Edge: Catalyst.
  • I knew it!
  • Pabst wrote: »
    Giant Rat returns in Mirror's Edge: Catalyst.

Quite a mission getting to see it huh? Thank goodness someone found it!
  • Quite a mission getting to see it huh?
    Yeah, it was quite a challenge for me.
    Thank goodness someone found it!
    I must admit I am definitely not the person who did it first.
  • Weird.
  • Has anyone been able to see the giant rat on console? It doesn't seem possible on console, since past the first middle beam, the rails aren't solid any more, meaning when you try to run across them you fall straight through and die. (At least for me on Xbox One.)
  • Has anyone been able to see the giant rat on console? It doesn't seem possible on console, since past the first middle beam, the rails aren't solid any more, meaning when you try to run across them you fall straight through and die. (At least for me on Xbox One.)

Yeah the rails aren't solid on Xbox one in the city zones for me too but I haven't tried them in sky city, I will go check :)
  • on rails. this is epic!
  • You can meet Giant Rat only during last story mission called 'The Shard'. I doubt there is another option.
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited January 17
    *Sorry for bumping into this old thread*
    I bet nobody here ever mention the 'Battlefield' type easter eggs in Catalyst. Can you find one? Hint : It's on every Relay boxes. :)
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    *Sorry for bumping into this old thread*
    I bet nobody here ever mention the 'Battlefield' type easter eggs in Catalyst. Can you find one? Hint : It's on every Relay boxes. :)

Yeah bro, no one else alive here :neutral:
    Tell me what did you find ? :smile: